So far, my experience at Columbia has been pretty awesome. I love being there. I transferred from St. Xavier University on the southwest side of Chicago and have no regrets whatsoever. I have met many new and exciting people that I would have never met by staying on the Southside. Columbia has so many diverse people that it just continually drives you to welcome change in yourself, and others. I have learned so much this past semester. At times, I forget that it’s even school that I’m actually going to. I mean, I do feel that it can demanding with homework, essays, and other things, but it’s all worth it. I also love the fact that everyone is so driven by their passion. It’s not like a university where some people are becoming something that their parents want them to be or they’re simply majoring in something in order to make a ton of money. That is one that I will always love about Columbia College Chicago; love life and live love. When you have a passion, it burns in you to do it and naturally, you love it. There’s always work involved, but it is not viewed negatively at all. Radio is what makes me happy, and I hope to remain happy after I graduate. =)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are an excellent writer. Hey, radio makes me happy too!
I love Columbia but I have been thinking of transferring to New York or LA maybe my junior or senior year. Still not sure if I will tough, I hope that I like it like you did and do when you transfered here. It is a terrible feeling when you know you messed up and should have stayed where you were
Post a Comment