My time here has been quite satisfying actually. I have learned a lot, even though im taking only GenEd classes. In highschool I thought most of the info was pointless and unfair, but here I value everything I learned. Though i constantly complain about some of my classes in the moment, deep down i know that most of them are to bring out my creativity and finding it everywhere and i really appreciate that about Columbia.
Also the atmosphere is great. I used to tell myself and everyone else that I'm going to a big city other than detroit because it isnt so hot here anymore. But i never thought it would actually happen so i love it here even more becasue is was a goal that reached myself. Also at other art schools everything is a huge competition, everyone i fake "emo" im not really sure what a real emo is, but still its annoying either way because they try to show everyone how good they are, whatever. The students here are laid back and cool, we dont mind helping out each other. At least the people that i have run into have been, i cant really speak for everyone. And i think that great, we all are still competing but we are kind of here to help each other. i think thats cool
They tell me that its not what you know its who, and the constant message of network, use your resources and save everything is very relevent and constantly useful. I think that Columbia gives a push but they arent always going to be in your face. Thats what we need.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment