Monday, December 8, 2008

Columbia College Chicago

My experience here at Columbia Chicago has been a positive one so far, but I think that most of the good it has done me being here has to deal with living in being able to Chicago, with lots of new people and ideas, and being relatively alone. 
I came to Columbia mostly to be in Chicago, because my father had gotten his start in the music business here at the Chicago Recording Company when he was the age that I am now, eighteen. Since I have been here, I have had some sort of inspiration that has led me to some kind of prolific stage that has brought about me producing alot of writings and recordings. This must be due to a combination of many changes and experiences in my life since I have been here, such as seeing and talking to people in class or on the streets, or wandering around the city, or interesting ideas being discussed in my classes. Although I am fairly disappointed in the classes within my major, I have enjoyed all of my other classes, like this class, Fiction Writing, and Quantum Physics, and I have learned alot, or at the very least, I have thought a lot. Overall, I think it has been a good decision on my part in coming here to Columbia based on the experience I have had.

No comments: