Sunday, December 7, 2008

CCC

Although I have only been at Columbia for a semester, all my experiences have been positive ones. During my senior year, I was positive that I was going to Baylor University in Waco, Texas to major in Biology. However, back in March, I decided to change my plans completely and apply to Columbia College Chicago. At first my parents were a little hesitant when I broke the news that I no longer wanted to be in the medical field, but they have been nothing but supportive since. I am happy with the discussion I wanted to invest my time in a major/career that I have always loved, and no I will love forever. Thus far, I am glad that I chose to come to Columbia. I have lived in the southwest suburbs my entire life, but I feel like living in Chicago has allowed me to experience the city in a whole new light. Surprisingly, I enjoy all of my classes and my teachers. My teachers are all genuinely nice people who have all worked in their field. I love the fact that at Columbia you can start taking classes in your major right away. I am majoring in Advertising Art Direction, and I like how even in my entry level classes I have started to learn the business, since my Art + Design teachers are working graphic designers and art directors. I have made some friends while I have been here, and I can only hope to make more during the next four years.

No comments: