Monday, December 8, 2008

Columbia Experience

Ah what a semester… did it actually just happen? Looking at my calendar right now I cannot actually believe it is the last week before winter break. It seems as if the fall months literally were passed over in my mind; this was likely due to how much I loved being here in Columbia College. My classes, social life and pretty much overall living situation could not have gone much better when it comes to a college-life experience. Living in the city, when compared to living in Champaign-Urbana and The University of Illinois, was such a welcome change. There was never a lack of something to do on a given day, whether it was going to a play, trying out new restaurants or just walking around the city with friends.

When it came to classes, I couldn’t have been happier as well. From English to Programming, I was able to learn a great deal from classes and assignments, as well as having a great in class experience. I’ve never had a semester of school where I actually enjoyed waking up every morning and going to all of my classes before and I’m happy to say I have this year. My department (Interactive Arts & Media) has been incredibly helpful when it has come to my administrative- related questions and with helping me set up my future education-related endeavors here at Columbia. I am incredibly excited to continue classes after winter break and greatly look forward to expanding my knowledge of programming related material over the next few years as I delve further into my major.

No comments: