Overall, my experience at Columbia College Chicago has been positive. Commuting to Columbia is a new experience every day. There is always an incident or event happening that doesn’t make it old. Since I started attending Columbia, I see the city in a whole new way. It is a second home to me and I have a new found respect for it.
I realized that Columbia is not like most other colleges. At Columbia, students can major in certain subjects that they wouldn’t be able to at any other college in the country. Columbia also has really cool general education classes. Geometry in the Arts, Science of Natural Disasters, and even a class about The Simpsons! At what other college are you going to find those classes?
What I enjoy most about Columbia is my area of study; radio. Columbia is the cream of the crop when it comes to a college specializing in a radio major. All the other colleges I visited had a general broadcasting major. At Columbia, they pin point and cover every single aspect of radio. Also, the radio faculty is outstanding. Most of the teachers have real life professions in what they teach. That gives us an advantage when it comes to networking. The radio department has also put together many events which give networking opportunities. In only my first year at Columbia, I have already met many big radio names. I met Johnny B, Larry Lujack, Dick Biondi, and big station program directors. (The program directors are the people who hire the on-air personality.)
I take great pride in the City of Chicago and I especially take great pride in Columbia College Chicago.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment