I have had both positive and negative experiences at Columbia, but mostly positive. I love and have loved all the classes I took as well as professors teaching them. Of course I am not a fan of many science and math classes because it’s an art school, but I’ll tell you that enjoyed them. I learned something in each class and I can’t say that for high school. I love the whole idea about college and choosing classes, when do you want them and the teachers that you want. I love living on campus and meeting people, as well as being Downtown. Truly I believe I got enlightened in college and this is only the beginning; I will be a sophomore in two weeks. I met some cool and serious people but not that many which disappoints me. I hope that will improve over the course of years. I partied a lot in high school so I am not all that crazy about the life on my own and all that freedom. It is nice but still it is time to get serious. The one bad experience that I had was my first semester. I tried to film a short movie of mine and the actress that was in it was also in my class; she quit on me and I wasn’t able to finish the movie. I put a lot of time into it and even my acting professor was a part of it. It seems like I wasted his time and nothing came out of it. I met some shady people that think too much of themselves and I believe they don’t focus on their careers as much as they should. I thought that aspect of college would be different; that high school days are over and that I would find passionate and willing people to work with. I did meet some but also many bullshiters. Anyway, all in all I am satisfied so far and I know it will improve and I’ll be able to show off my creativeness, ideas and talent as well as learn the craft.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree, meeting people is totally awesome. I only wish I could meet more people. One down side of not living on campus or in the dorms though is that I don't have as easy a time meeting people. Obviously in the dorms it's a little hard not to meet people but up in logan square i am kind of cutt off from the hot bed of peer activity. It isolates my one room mate and myself from the rest of our classmates and people are age. Most of the people i have really met have been really cool. sorry your actress bailed on you. that it totally sketchy. how unprofessional!
Post a Comment