Tuesday, November 18, 2008
If I Were President...
I never really considered myself a political person until this recent election. Everyone is quick to put in his or her two-cent plan on how to fix the economy. As of right now, I have no magic plan to get America out of this “economic crisis” however, if I had one free pass to change anything in the US, I would make college affordable for everyone. In society today, a college degree is essential. For example, majority of the jobs offered today require a bachelors degree. In some cases, a college degree might not be enough. There are many college graduates in society today that cannot find decent paying jobs, because the job market sucks. The cost of attending four-year a university has sharply increased over the years. More and more families are realizing that they cannot afford to send their children to school. Some of my friends got accepted into their dream schools, but had to turn them down because of outrageous costs of attendance. I believe anyone who wants to go to college and has the grades to succeed in college should not be denied the right to attend because of financial reasons. Other countries have found ways to put their students through secondary education, and I believe America should follow. American constantly prides itself on how superior it is over other countries. Therefore a better education plan needs to be enforced. If I was President I would also make sure loans were easily available to anyone who needs them for education reasons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I missed my first semester of college here because of a financial situation, and I was completely depressed for that time period because I had the notion that I would never go to Columbia because of this.
So yes, your first move would be awesome. Not only for everyone in school now, but for prospecting college students in the future.
Post a Comment