Tuesday, November 18, 2008

President David

If I were president of the United States the first thing I would do is end the war in Iraq. I would bring our troops home in a timely fashion. I am a man of peace. I only believe in war as a very last resort. Problems can be solved by many other ways besides war. Instead of spending a ton of money on war I would give it back to our own country. For example, I would make it a priority to give many grants to college students. I really mean grants, and not loans. Loans don’t help much because many students are still paying a crap load of money back to the banks ten years after they graduate. Also, these grants would be given to middle class students and down. Many people are always stressing the importance of education. I will make it possible by actually walking the walk and provide students with a good amount of money. If I were president I would also do everything in my power to make sure social security stays around for future generations. I believe that if you are an American citizen, have paid your taxes, and have worked hard in the United States for many years; when you retire social security is your reward from the government for being a good citizen. Finally, I would take great concern in protecting our environment. I would pass a law that would make it mandatory that by such a year our country would have to have such a percentage of energy coming from solar, hydro, wind, nuclear, and geothermal.

1 comment:

EliotRosewater said...

I love your plan for the country, here. I think that it would really help the country as a whole.