Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

When people don’t sleep they don’t get proteins properly folded. They can form clumps. Therefore, clumpiness equals tiredness. Sleep is like a filter. When we sleep a bunch of clutter is removed from our mind. When people sleep, that is what allows them to make very important connections in their lives. Also, they said that if you are working on a project, but no real progress is being made, you should go to sleep. Then, the next day when you do that project it will be easier to move forward. I have tried this myself, and it is true. I was able to do the same task that I was trying to do the night before, much better the next day. During sleep, waves of electrical activity pass through your head and make all the connections you experienced during the day weaker. Sleep is like the process of erosion. At the beginning of the morning, the things left standing is the things you need to know. I never knew there were so many connections between sleep and things that happen during the day. Now I know why when I don’t get enough sleep I feel cranky the next day. My mind is still full of so much clutter; there is no room to think. I still wonder if it matters how deep of a sleep people have to be in for these connections to take place. Now, I will never think of sleep as the same thing anymore. Overall, human beings need sleep to survive.

2 comments:

Marko Grujic said...

I can go regularly to sleep but my problem is that I start doin' homework and studyin' at the last moment and that's what keeps me awake even when I am tired and want to go to sleep. Those are the days I have a little sleep and the next day I feel like shit......

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed i will agree with you but the problem is that i am not able to get up in the morning.