
created absract paintig. He refused to be realistic, "Damn realism" he once said. In my opinion he painted how it made people feel in the scenes. If I had been in the scene of the Home of the Heron painting, i wouldnt have felt the actual scenery, i would have felt tranquil and soft like his painting. I believe thats what Whistler wanted his audience to feel and hear.
The author of my article often said that Whistlers paintings were reminiscent of the Japanese painter Sesshu and the Japanese style in general with his light, subdued color palette, and minimal brush strokes. The author also said as I stated before that he chose to rebel along with Georgia O' keefe.
He did a lot research on this painter. He had many quotes from peers and Whislter himself. I even learned a little about Whistlers life. How his price for his paintings were high, even after he went bankrupt after paying for a lawsuit he won. His proud persona was sure that he would, "be born when and where i want" and he was able to keep his prices up.
I found this article very interesting because I had never seen a painter like this before and I plan on doing research of my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment