Sunday, November 9, 2008

Claude Monet

I am doing my report on two paintings by claude monet. He is one of my favortie artists, my aunt would always take me to see his paintings. Claude monet was a french artist in the 1800's. His style of painting was called impressionism. He grew up in fance and went to an arts school as a child, he started off drawing caracturses and selling them on the street. He also traveled throughout europe, when he went to england and saw landscapes he decided that that was what he was going to do. Most of his paintings are of gardens and water lillies, Others are of water and beaches. His later works are his most famous, like water lillies. When he got older he got married and had two kids. Unfortunatlly his wife died. Before she died he painted a beautiful painting of her.

3 comments:

michael.novak said...

claude monet is also one of my favorite artist's. I love the 'water lily pond' painting that he did. really cool stuff if you ask me.

Morgan Huneck said...

I agree. Monet's paintings are really beautiful. I like the landscape and water pond ones.

jade.amey said...

I'm going to sound like everyone else here, but Monet is a favorite painter of mine . . . for Impressionism, at least.

My third grade teacher was so excited that I loved his work at such a young age that she gave me a huge book of his paintings. It's one of the few books I brought with me to Chicago, and I still like to look at it every so often after all these years.