Wednesday, October 8, 2008
American Lit Not Nobel Worthy
I think this article was interesting to say the least. Interesting and wildly insulting to American lit and quite frankly to those who read it. The article just name dropped a bunch of haughty American authors like Morrison, Roth, and Danielle Steel?? I think whoever compiled this piece just wanted everyone reading it to know he or she thought they were smart enough to talk about Phillip Roth and literature. As well as mindless name dropping the author wasted a lot of space without actually proposing a real concrete reason for the point of the article. I couldn't derive a single real reason why a nobel peace prize was not in the near future for any American writers. The piece sort of went nowhere in my opinion. It was written like a blog, which made it confusing to people who were not familiar with reading a blog news article. There were too many "choose your own ending" parts where you had to click on a user to get the rest of the story. I don't think a blog is an acceptable way to publish news other than gossip. Long story short, this article in presentation was confusing and inconclusive to say the least. The author of the article had no idea what she or he was talking about. I found the article I read about Carrie Bradshaw's outfits in the Sex and the City movie to be more cohesive than this article I wrote about. If anyone actually has any real thoughts on American Lit versus the Nobel Peace Prize, you can leave me a comment. Maybe we can out do slate.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment