Monday, October 6, 2008
Slate.com-I'm a PC
I read the article "I'm a PC, and I'm worried about my image." This article was written by Farhad Monjoo. Right away this article caught my eye because of the title. I really like Apple products, so in that respect I chose this because of that. But, I also dislike PC. I thought that the title was comical and witty. Everyone knows those commercials, so it was very clever of the writer to put that twist on the phrase. Right in the beginning of the article he starts it off talking about Bill Gates, and his complaints with how Apple puts down PC. He said "I don't even get it. What are they trying to say? Does it honestly in these things--or if you're cool, that means you get to be a lying person whenever you feel like it? There's not even the slightest shred of truth to it." This is funny to me because by they way Bill is talking, it just seems like he's bitching like a little child not getting his way. They way he just rambles about how incorrect Apple is and how mean they are, shows insecurity, jealousy, and frustration. I think the writer was really trying to exploit that. He was telling us how PC is now spending 300 million dollars on campaign ads. Its jealousy. For all us Apple lovers, this article was humorous. When will people just realize that Mac is better, period. You can really tell that this article was intended for Mac users by the constant information of PCs poor attempt to make themselves better. For example, the new commercial with all the people stating that they are PCs. This is an attempt to make your product look and seem awesome, but the writer used the commercial to show how hard PC is trying when Mac doesn't even break a sweat. I really enjoyed reading this article. It was witty and agreeable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry, but I don't think spending $2000+ for a Macbook Pro that has less than half of the power and ability of a windows-based laptop at the same price, is worth it. If I ever was to get a Mac, I'd boot camp Vista on it (OS X is a very limiting and boring operating system).
Post a Comment