Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Drowned World Tour

I read the article Drowned World Tour by Daniel Politi. This article was about the droppings of markets around the world because of the recent economic crisis with Wall Street. This is a very serious tone of voice that is heartbreaking for the audience. It is making the audience scared and insecure about their future. It is directed toward everybody: younger, educated, middle age family, investor, etc. audience. This article is leading toward the election and the choices of choosing the right candidate who can change it back and stop the recession. What struck me the most is that the article says openly that government intervention won't be enough to stave off a potentially severe global recession. It kind of doesn’t give any hope to the readers. I guess it could prepare the people for the inevitable, so they could deal with it better and a lot easier. Personally I don’t think that the world is in trouble. I believe that Unites States potentially is and this article is for their citizens. As other countries started to develop economically, they are not dependent of America anymore and it is ruining the investments in those countries. They are selling their products for cheaper and better quality. Also American banks are in trouble and the credit system which has been functioning artificially for some time, going in debt more and more without real cash flow with prices just going up. I think that there are two possible solutions for these problems. I think either the other markets in the world are going to become stronger and more independent which would destroy Wall Street, or there will be a big inflation and those with the world markets struggling and their economies, the American dollar will grow stronger and potentially equal the European Euro, British Pound, etc. or be stronger than them. It would give US advantage again or it would turn the leading to some other country.

No comments: