Honestly, it is really hard for me to pick the best piece of art, but the ballet The Nutcracker is one of my favorite pieces of art. It is a tradition for my mom and I to go see it every winter. We have been going since I was five years old. I love this ballet so much and I have never been tired of seeing it performed. So far, I have seen this ballet performed in Kansas City and Indianapolis. We have seen it performed by three different dance companies. This year we may go see it here in Chicago, since I live here now.
The Nutcracker is an extraordinary ballet. It's not one of those boring ballets where you fall asleep (I have done that before). Sometimes it is hard for me to comprehend that the dancers are telling a story without speaking. That takes a lot of talent to capture an audience and keep them interested. The combination of costumes, dancing, music, and lighting makes The Nutcracker a great performance. The costumes are vibrant colors and are from a different time period. The dancing is amazing. The way the dancers can point their toes and have so much grace and balance always inspires me too go out and dance. The music by the live orchestra is always refreshing. It's not that often that I get to listen to a live orchestra. The lighting focuses on the dancers and makes them stand out more. Just talking about all of the elements makes me excited to go see the ballet this winter.
1 comment:
The Joffrey Ballet is now in Chicago. I've never seen them perform, but a lot of them come into my work and apparently they're amazing. I know they're doing a production of The Nutcracker this Christmas, I bet it'll be awesome.
Post a Comment