While at Slate.com, I naturally went over to the 'Arts & Life' section of the website. After browsing some of the articles, nothing caught my eye. I headed over to the 'Campaign 2008' link and say an article captioned, "So Palin can speak in complete sentences. She still knows nothing about foreign policy." I knew immediately that I wanted to write about this article; I hadn't even looked at it yet.
The article was written by Fred Kaplan, and it covers Palin's stance on foreign policy at the vice presidential debates last week. Although I didn't watch a lot of the debate, I did see the section where foreign policy was covered. Comparing what I saw and what Kaplan saw, we both agree on the same thing: Biden tore her apart.
Kaplan's article is mostly cynical and sarcastic towards the topic. You can tell that he truly has a distaste for Sarah Palin. He gives examples of how Biden would tear into her comments with no mercy, and as some people would say, Palin was "burnt like toast".
One thing that Kaplan said in the article that I found interesting was he mentioned that Palin proved that she can put together coherent and complete sentences, so let's judge her like an experienced political leader. In the past month or so, people have been making fun of Palin because in recent interviews there were instances where she didn't speak in coherent or complete sentences, and that she has 'foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from her house.' Palin did prove that she has complete thoughts and can accurately put them out while speaking during the debates, so maybe we should take what she has to say seriously now.
The reason I migrated toward this article immediately because I knew, just from the title, that the writer would be ripping on Sarah Palin. I don't like her (that's a huge understatement). Because of this, I wanted to read why others don't like her; I'm sure other people who read this felt the same way.
-Jade N. Amey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment