Wednesday, October 1, 2008

SATCO

Back in Nashville, there is a place called San Antonio Taco Company. SATCO for short. This place has really great Tex Mex and has the best queso I have ever had.  I ate there at least once a week. There were even a couple weeks when I would go to eat there about five times a week. Gross, right? Wait until you have it, though, and you would probably understand the obsession. I didn't leave my back porch that much, so this is probably what I would call part of the subculture I belong to. 
It is a pretty crazy place because it is on the Vanderbilt University campus, and it sold buckets of beer. So there were always some rambunctious college kids eating too. But this is where I met people to eat, talk, and smoke. It was close to downtown on the west side, so it was usually a good meeting place for that reason alone. I would go in and write down the order, which happened to be the same delicious thing everytime: Two soft tacos with cheese, meat, guacamole, and a styrofoam cup full of queso and a bag of chips. I then would make a suicide drink, mixing Root Beer, Coke, and Dr. Pepper. Grab the food and go outside to find a table out on the porch. I love the atmosphere here. You can watch the people out on the street, or the squirrels on the porch trying to get food, or the bros making drunken public spectacles of themselves as my friends and I talk about almost anything for several hours until it closed. 
No need to dress a certain way to go to SATCO. Anyone can come here. And we all would for the same reasons. We all love the food.
-JordonSalveson

No comments: