Tuesday, October 7, 2008

how often to children commit suicide

I read the article how often do children commit suicide by christopher beam. Children do commit suicide, In the article it talks about how children are not like teens when they commit suicide. They are much more impulsive about it, it is not planned like it is whith teens. Sometimes it is harder to define because it can look more like an accident because they just do things their parents would tell them not to do. Most kids it also says who commit suicide have a disease or are taller for their age suggesting that puberty is kicking in. It is sad that anyone would think about killing themselves but it happends everyday because of society. The reason why most kids cannot commit suicide is because parents are usually watching their kids more closely then they do when they are teens. The author of this article took this very seriously, as it should be taken. I think anyone who reads this will be shocked because when we think of suicides we think of teens or adults not children.

3 comments:

jade.amey said...

I read the article; it's definitely scary. Especially because I have five younger siblings, three of which are still considered children. It's an awful thing to think about . . .

JJ Accrocco said...

Any statistics from the article? Not to be morbid but I think its an article that might be stronger with them.

Anonymous said...

It's very sad to think that children are committing suicide. I wonder problems they are going through to make them resort to suicide.