The Matrix trilogy is the best piece of art, that I can think of right now, that I have ever seen. Its visuals are completely original and spectacular, while its story, although not so original, is entirely captivating. The Matrix has sparked many ideas and conversations between people and has managed to create a strong community behind it.The narrative of Neo is not very original, it’s a little bit like the story of Christ mixed with a love story, and the idea of humans being run by machines has been around for a while, but the way that these ideas are shaped and their little details are what make it original. On the topic of a world run by machines, the originality come in the facts that the machines actually need humans and that the machines created a fake world for the humans instead of just plain slavery.
The visuals are really what sell the movie. The Wochowskis created some visual elements that were so original and amazing that they can never be used by anyone else without being scrutinized for copying. The 2 most memorable elements are the 360 camera angles that spin while there is action and the creation of Bullet Time. Aside from the ground breaking camera use, the digitally created elements were so ahead of its time that I believe they are almost timeless.
I have seen the trilogy probably 15+ times and the first matrix 25+ times, yea I know I am lame, and if you have not seen it/ won’t give it the time of day, watch it!
1 comment:
I have never seen a Matrix movie. I plan to in the future.
You sound like you are a film major.
Post a Comment