Monday, September 8, 2008

Beck Hansen

Now don't jump to conclusions. He isn't one of the Hanson brothers. He is the musician that goes by his first name, Beck. He is the everchanging multi-instrumentalist and the prolific songwriter that I have listened to and studied for years. I have admired him for his ability to play so many different instruments and incorporate them into the thirteen different albums he has done, and his influence has resulted in me learning seven instruments and my eagerness to be in so many different kinds of music projects. It is just amazing to me that he can blend so many styles of music into each CD that one can't pinpoint the genre of the album, so he then has created something totally new. Maybe the most important thing I have acquired from listening to Beck is that his songs you can see the world and he reflects it beautifully, and that there is a Beck song for every mood for one to see this. And this is what I want to accomplish in most anything I do. This has become my passion. With my music, writings, or anything I do that is considered art, I want to be able to portray the world as being something beautiful and help people to see this despite whatever mood they are in. This is what I want to do for people, because music has saved me and I hope to do the same for others. 
-JordonSalveson

No comments: