Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Goth Type

Goth is something that is very easily stereotyped by the media. But those of us who follow this subtype are different then everyone else around us because we may be the only people in a group who will be wearing all black. Besides that, the people who are true Goths will not care what other people have to say.

One major aspect of Goth is that they listen to Goth music and I specifically listen to a lot of goth and dark music. This happened because I was trying to deal with issues and I was looking for what my identity could be and before I moved into the areas of Goth and dark music I was listening to stuff like Pink Floyd, Genesis and Hawkwind.

To those who are true Goths out in this world it is more about the mindset that you wish to be different from the world around you that makes you Goth. The fashion comes secondary to having the mindset of a goth person.

There are a lot of people in this world who are trying to be so called Goth, when they are mainly just dressing in this fashion because it is "popular" at the time. They are not dressing that way because they wish to be outside the norms of society. Those who actually are attempting to be different call those people the "goth wannabes."

It is not true that a lot of people who are Goth are into Satanism and that they are violent. It is actually the exact opposite for a lot of goth people.

The reason that I am this way is because I deal with emotional problems and I was looking for something different and out of the ordinary and I was searching for my sense of identity.

No comments: