Sunday, September 21, 2008

Routine

I believe in a routine. Everyone has a routine whether they know it or not. In order for someone to stay psychologically healthy, they have to have some sort of routine. The routines can be general or specific. Here is an example of a very broad routine. People start by waking up, taking a shower, brush teeth, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, relax, go to sleep, and then it starts all over again. Routines represent patters. It is proven that of human nature people like to get into some sort of pattern. It not only adds consistency to their lives, but also helps them maintain a healthy life style with all the other busy activities going on.
Personally, I am a big fan of routine. Those daily activities help me establish a sense of pride. Just the fact that I am fortunate enough to do the little daily things I do, when I know others are not. Sometimes when I have a very busy week with too much commotion going on I get overwhelmed. I realized that is because I am not used to it, and it has upset my routine. People who have hectic schedules every day become accustomed to it. Therefore, now it makes up their routine. Put that same person with the busy schedule, in a slow relaxed lifestyle, and then they will go nuts because they won’t have enough to do.
Routine goes hand-in-hand with personality and lifestyle. Some routines are crazy and some are calm. When it comes down to the bottom line; everyone has a routine.

No comments: