Pets can make a person feel like they have a responsibility to take care of. When I was younger, my dad gave me the chore of helping him to clean the hamster cage. It was a way of showing me that I had to take part of caring for this animal. As I got older I took full responsibility for taking care of my rabbit Daisy.
My dog pets have always had a special place in my heart. When I was born my parents had a Lassie/Collie mix dog named Ty. He was the friendliest dog ever. He became my friend when I was just a baby. He lived until I was six or seven years old. My friend and I had a funeral for him in the back shed room outside. He was an awesome pet and companion. My current dog Nelli also has a special place in my heart. She is a Siberian Husky and has beautiful light blue eyes. She has been with me through a lot. I used to sit and talk to her when my parents would upset me and I wouldn't want to talk to anyone else. This may sound funny but I know that she understands me sometimes. She recently started sleeping in my room every night, until I moved. My mom says that she has started to sleep in my room again even thought I am not there. This gives me comfort to know that my dog still thinks about me. I can't wait till I come home to see her again.
1 comment:
I definitely believe in this also. I have always had a pet, always. Since I've been alive, I've had 3 dogs (all German Shepherds...aw) and 3 cats. They all have made my life feel more complete, as weird as that sounds. The comfort is always there. They always know how to listen and that's probably why I and many others, talk to them. As much as they can be a hassle sometimes, their love is always there. Pets are definitely awesome!
Post a Comment