Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Friendship
I believe in Friendship. When I was younger, all I cared about was being everyone’s friend. I was the one to invite everyone in my class to my birthday parties. As I grew older, a lot of things started to change. Best friends came and went with the new school years. In sixth and seventh grade I was considered a “floater” because I didn’t necessarily belong to a specific clique. It was not until my eighth grade year that I finally realized who my “real” friends are. I have about five friends that have been with me through everything. A lot of things changed during high school. New experiences. Boyfriends. Jobs. Families. Divorces. Grades. Our Futures. During that time, the only things that remained constant were my best friends. I counted on them for everything. They knew everything about me and instantly knew if something was wrong even if I denied it. Applying for college was hard, because we were all going in different directions and deep down inside we knew that everything was going to change. However, no matter what way life pulls us, I know that we will all be there for each other when we need it. I believe in the importance of friendship. People who are with you day in and day out. Teaching you and helping you grow. Friends are the people who accept you for who you are and don’t judge. They are family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment