I believe in help for those who have a mental illness or disability, no matter how severe it may be. An example of help is when you give the person with ADHD medication so he can do better in his classes. I am blessed to have been able to get the help I needed to be able to be where I am today. The story of what happened before I got to where I am today is personal, but I will say that thanks to all the help that I got in school and out of school, I am more in control of what I am now.
People with any sort of severe mental illness need to be looked at not just as messed up people in society, but taken for what they are and given medication and therapy if they need it. They should not be looked down on because they need help in order to manage their lives in any sort of ordinary way. They are struggling with what they were born with. In no way is it their fault that they were born with any mental illness or disability.
So in order for the world to be a better place we need to help those who have any sort of mental illness or disability and give them the services and/or the medication that they need in order to live a healthy, productive and ordinary life. I believe this because I have to deal with some issues on an everyday basis that hamper how I am able to live my life, but they do not stop me from attempting to be a normal person.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment