Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Woman

There are so many artists (musicians mostly) that influenced me greatly. I grew up listening to Aerosmith, and then after came Maroon 5, Tose Proeski…… It is hard to pick among them because they have all shaped the direction I am moving at, style and the peace within. Since I consider myself an artist I had to mention those of the same kind who helped me choose the career. But the real hero, inspiration and a person I admire the most is my mother. It is so fascinating how she is this beautiful, fragile person and at the same time a fighter, the leader. Without her I wouldn’t be where I am today. I can see myself becoming a smarter and a stronger person because of her. She fought for me and she still fights for me. I know that every mom tries the best of her ability for her own child and I am not going to write how my mom is better than all of them, but I will say that she is somewhere at the top. She did the impossible when I had some health problems when I was a baby. My mom never gave up on me no matter what I did. I was raised in Serbia, a hotbed of political and military intrigue, but it wasn’t all that bad. The hard part was moving to United States and adjusting to a whole new system. She did, she learned the language and she started working the fourth day of our arrival. What fascinates me is that she did it alone, a woman. As her life and fun days have passed, really fast by the way, she stays here for me and with me to help me have a good life. Her name is Sladjana Janic and I love her.

No comments: