Friday, September 5, 2008
Musicians
I would have to say that the most profoundly exciting and interesting people I can think of are musicians. I say this because, for me, music is a uniquely powerful spiritual experience. Music is where I derive my purposes in life and how i cope with the ever fluctuating levels of difficulty or dissatisfaction that life can throw your way. Obviously my obsession with the wonderful sounds music can produce makes musicians and rock stars into strong influences on my thoughts. I say this because in a way they are my gods. Where I chose to abandon most common ideas of religion or worship of any kind, I find myself creating my own little way to worship the unknown through music. I think that since I am a musician myself, it probably came to me from seeing other people do it first. My parents and older siblings will not let me forget being like four years old or something dancing to M.C. Hammer in my (identical to his) parachute pants. So i guess even early on I was dreaming of playing music and performing for the rest of the world. I think music is just a really expressive form of art that can sometimes be a lot easier to get into then other mediums. This is most likely why I am so attracted to it. To me, music is the most raw and invigorating excitement on the planet. Therefore, musicians are my heroes. Whatever you do don't ask me my favorite band or artist because It is not so easily analyzed. I would never...NEVER be able to choose an absolute favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment