Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Great Grandma

My great grandma Ruth is my hero. She is my favorite person and I always strive to follow in her footsteps. I admire her ability to love and care for others, as well as her strength to stay positive even on the most painful days. She has lived an incredible life, growing up during the great depression her family shared dinners with strangers who they invited into their homes. She worked in a library, where she read children stories, and she raised a daughter, was grandmother for six kids, and does the best job of being a great grandma. She has always taught us love and compassion, and she led by example of donating hundred of knit caps to hospitals for newborns. My favorite part of my grandma Ruth is defiantly her stories. She is one of the greatest story tellers around and she has a lifetime full of them, 94 years to be exact. I hope to live a life as exiting and prosperous as hers.

No comments: