The last two years we switched rooms and teachers. Mr. King was our new teacher. He was nicer and at least talked to us. The only difference was that when we switched teachers, different kids came into homeroom. This is when the subculture really began. When we were in homeroom different groups would talk with each other. People would act like they were friends with mostly everyone, but this would only happen in homeroom. It was as if the door to homeroom was a portlet to a whole new high school world, but would not last outside the doors. Once everyone left homeroom to go to class, they would stop talking to that person and go back to their normal groups. By the time I graduated, I was more than ready to leave that homeroom forever. It was crazy how it worked but that was how homeroom went.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Homeroom
I never really thought about this before, but a subculture that I belonged to was my homeroom class in high school. We basically had all the same people in it for all four years of high school and met once a week. The first two years we met in the same room. Our teacher was Mr. Jones and he never talked to us. He also never bothered to learn our names, so whenever he had to pass out papers he guessed people's names incorrectly. I really did not like homeroom at all. None of my friends were in it, just random kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't like my homeroom in high school, either. I don't think any of us got along too well. There was always some culture clash or disagreement that happened there.
The only thing we had in common was our distaste for our homeroom teacher. If she wasn't in the room at the time, everyone would talk about how ridiculous she was. Other than that, we all didn't converse in the halls and everyone did their own thing.
My high school didn't have a homeroom. However, my senior year they started to phase in a thing called advisory which was once a month. It was stupid and I am happy I graduated because now advisory is once a week.
Post a Comment