Saturday, September 6, 2008

Jay Leno

Jay Leno is one of my heroes. I have been watching him since I was in sixth grade. He is the reason why I started paying attention to the news. I had to know what was going on in the world to catch the jokes in his nightly monologue. In addition, after long days at school and many other stressful activities going on, the comedy from Jay Leno would put me at ease right before going to bed. After reading Jay’s book Leading With My Chin, I realized school wasn’t easy for Jay. His dyslexia and class clown reputation didn’t help the situation. However, his parents, just like mine, were firm believers in education. So with perseverance and determination Jay continued his education and graduated from Emerson College in 1973. This showed me if I put my mind to something, I can achieve anything no matter how great the obstacles I will have to cross. On another note, Jay has demonstrated his compassionate and sympathetic side. To raise money for the victims of Hurricane Katrina, Jay had numerous celebrities sign a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. He put the bike on e-bay and it sold for a half-million dollars. There is much more to Jay Leno than just the funny guy we see on TV every night. He is genuine person who has made a profound effect on my life.

No comments: