Sunday, September 21, 2008

I believe in ghosts.

 The house i lived in for 11 years is haunted. It doesn't bother me that much, i've gotten used to it. It started when i was about 9. I had bunk beds an i slept on the top for the first year i had them. I got them as a reward for sleeping in my own bed for 2 weeks. I as terrified of the dark. My mom used to come in my room and turn out my night light before she went to bed, and she left the door open after she left. One night i woke up, and i looked across the hall into the guest bedroom, and it was right there. Now this wasn't exactly traumatizing, but it scared the shit out of me. It didn't register in my head until i had climbed down my ladder, and walked to the doorway. The hallway was so cold, i could see my breath. I looked at it, and it didn't have a face, but it was wearing a dress ad has long hair, so i assumed it was a woman. I was so scared that i couldn't move to run to my parents' room. Then, it started to move towards me, so i booked. 

I basically ran down the door, and i flew onto their bed screaming and yelling telling my mom that there was a ghost in the guest room. She was never one to believe in that stuff, so she tried to calm me down and she said she would go look. She turned on the lights and walked down the hall. The whole 2 minutes she was gone seemed like 10 and i was trembling under the covers, freaking out because i thought the ghost was going to find me. She came back and told me that she had seen nothing, and it was actually considerably warmer in that room.

That was the first time.

About 6 months later, my sister(who is 7 years older than me) and i were home on a friday night, she was baby-sitting me. After that first night, i had decided not to sleep on my bottom bunk anymore. So i was laying n my bed, reading a book, and my sister was in the guest room watching Silence of The Lambs. It was a really nice night out. Clear skies, light breeze. I heard Megan's movie and all i heard was a bunch of screaming. Then the power went out. Being as terrified of the dark as i am, i instinctively threw my book, pulled my covers up over my head, squeezed my eyes shut and covered my ears. I still do that if I'm caught in the dark. Close my eyes and cover my ears. I don' even know why. Anyway, i was under my covers. Then all of a sudden i feel someone scratch me. Down each calf i was clawed. Now this was the time where we were in-between pets. Our first dog had died, and we were in the process of looking for a new one. So to make it obvious, we had no pets, and my sister and i were the only people in the house. Or at least that's what we thought. So after i got scratched, i screamed at her, thinking she was being an ass hole and playing jokes on me. 
" Megan don't do that!" I yelled
" Do what! What's going on!" she replied, only it wasn't from my room. It was a terrified reply coming from across the hall where she had been watching her movie. Naturally i told my mom, but she didn't believe me. She thought my sister and i were play fighting and that's how i got hurt.

When i was 12, it was around christmas, and my mom had picked me up from my after school program and we were on our way home to get m sister so we could go to the grocery store. We were at the store for about an hour, hour and a half. We were getting groceries for a charity we do ever christmas, and thanksgiving. It's called Adopt-a-family. What happens is you buy the ingredients for a dinner, dessert, and whatever else you want to buy them, and the charity covers the turkey/ham. My family is really big into giving to those in need, so we buy a lot for them every year. That's why we were there so long. So we pulled into our driveway, and we unloaded all the stuff when my mom starts yelling at my sister for leaving the christmas tree lights on.

" i didn't leave them on mom" My sister said, confused.
"Oh yeah? then who did?" My mom asked, obviously annoyed.

I was sitting on the stairs, and i didn't hear it, but they swear they heard somebody say "I did" in a low whispery deep voice. So they are real confused and scared and they asked each other if they heard it, then my mom starts calling out my dad's name, and when she gets to answer, she goes to the garage, and his car is not there. So she orders us out of the house and to the neighbor's house. She called the police in case it was a burglar, but the police searched the house, and found nothing. No foot prints in the snow except ours, and nothing suspicious in the house. They searched the house thoroughly for an hour. 

My mom still doesn't believe that the house is haunted. When ever it comes up in conversation, she just rolls her eyes.

3 comments:

Morgan Huneck said...

Your stories are really creepy. I would have been so scared. Those incidents sound like scenes from the movie "The Sixth Sense".

Morgan Huneck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jade.amey said...

I was staying the night at my cousins when I was 7 and I woke up at one point in the night. I swear I saw a transparent girl in a praying motion next to the bed; she looked like she was from the Victorian era. Needless to say, I was scared out of my mind and didn't stay at my cousin's house for a few years.

But we were telling ghost stories about the old, creepy house next door before bed, so that may have something to do with it.