My mom is my hero and main influence in life for many reasons. I would not be who I am today without her knowledge or guidance. My mother lives her life completely to help others and not herself. It is not a periodic thing either, it is all the time every day of every year. My mother puts aside what she needs to make sure that someone else gets what they need first. She taught special ed for 15 years and also worked with abused women and children for a lot of her working days. Her heart is huge and it always shows. My mother chose to adopt her children to help people that needed the help and who needed someplace to live and call home. Like me! But my mother didn’t stop at a couple of kids, she adopted 6 of us. Her way of living has rubbed off on me a lot. Not just now though, it started when I was young. I started helping people before I can remember and I love with all my heart just as she does. I have even wanted to be a teacher because I wanted to be like my mom. And now I am here at Columbia getting my degree in education. I really hope to be just like her. I want to be able to look in the mirror and say “ mirror mirror on the wall I am my mother after all.” I hope that I can have children of my own one day and raise them and teach them the way my mother taught me so that they know how it is to be raised by such an amazing woman. My mom is the only hero I need. She truly has shaped every bit of me.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
MOM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your mom seems like a very special lady. It is good that you have that great realationship with her. Sounds like she helped shape your identity. I liked your "mirror" quote. Good Bye.
Post a Comment